It's never too late or early to join a thing for a good cause whether it is learning, earning, or beginning to make your body healthy and time up. You begin anything at any time and age, the condition being applied that you are dedicated.
These days women are getting more conscious of their health and thus trying to be better both physically and mentally. But sometimes it happens that you want to start following a healthy routine but you couldn't either because of time management or because of a lack of knowledge about exercise. So, don't worry as we are here to bring you tons of workouts, motivation, nutrition advice, and many women like you to cheer you up with our Love Your Body Series!
So, let's begin with the fact that you receive most of your energy and strength from your core, and thus it is important to challenge it while you exercise. Now let's waste your time and check what we have got for you as a daily routine to help you out getting a toned and healthy body.
In the beginning, we have tried to not put you under the pressure of hundreds of exercises but just a few important and easy ones that even beginners can try with the yoga ball. Don't forget to complete the three sets of 15 reps for each move!
Also known as Plank Saw, the roll-outs will help you in sculpting your lower abdominal muscles. In just a few weeks your body will be toned up. So follow the below instructions to get started :
- Stand and maintain your feet at a distance of your hip-width then bend down a little and place your arms on the exercise yoga ball.
- Roll the ball outwards while pushing it away from your torso, and try to balance on your forearms taking the plank position.
- Now, roll the ball back towards you using your lower abs and stand straight. This is how you have completed your one set.
Pikes not only sculpt your lower abs and core but also relax them a lot, in just a few sets you'll feel your body be light. Let's see how you can perform it :
- Here, you have to place your feet instead of arms in the yoga ball and the rest of your body in a plank position, hands being below the shoulders directly and core engaged.
- Bring the hips up by rolling the toes into the exercise yoga ball. Lower down your back.
Crunches are easy to exercise if you perform them well. Along with burning the fats it also stimulates our back and core muscles. Let's start doing it with the following tips:
- Place your back on the exercise ball while your feet are on the ground a hip-width apart.
- Support your head with your hand placed below it and catch up slowly.
- Don't forget to use your core instead of pulling/moving your neck while crunching.
4. Mountain Climbers
When you perform mountain climbing on an exercise yoga ball they target the shoulders and abs specifically. Check, what have to do for performing mountain climber at home and tone up your body :
- Place your hands firmly on the yoga ball as you start while the rest of the body is in the plank position.
- Engage your core with your back straight, bring your left knee towards the chest and then bring it back to the ground. Repeat the same with the right leg.
Why do we often forget about our obliques which are the largest muscles of our abdominal muscles and assist us in bending and rotating? But don't worry as performing a twist with a yoga ball will take care of these oblique muscles. So, let's get started with the following tips :
- Support your upper body and head with the yoga ball and position the rest.
- Lift your arms golfing dumbbell above the chest.
- Now twist the upper torso towards one side and then come back to the middle position. Reappear the same by twisting the body toward the other side.
6. Reverse Crunch
As the name suggests, reverse crunches are the opposite of crunches. How? Let's know with the below-given instructions:
- Place your legs and glutes on the yoga ball and arms by your side.
- While you push the ball against your glutes, don't forget to dig the heels into the yoga ball for more stability and grip.
- Lift your lower back and glutes off the floor by pressing down through the arms and taking back the yoga ball.
- Lower firmly back to the floor to finish one repetition.
7. Leg Lifts
Leg lifts will tone up your hip muscles and legs. You just need to lie on the ground and lift your legs placing them between the ankles, as simple as that. What? Want this in more detail? Then read the below-given instructions as follows:
- Put the yoga ball between your ankles and lie down on the floor with both your back and legs straight.
- Now, lift your shoulder blades and head a little off the ground with the arms placed on the ground and your palms touching down.
- Pair the core by squeezing the ankles and inner thighs into the yoga ball. Lift your legs to 45�s.
- Last but not the least, bring the ball down slowly to the ground, not letting it bounce.
Want to fire up your abdomen? Try V -a pass that is both interesting and quite intense. Let's check how can you perform this pass:
- Simply sit on the floor placing the yoga ball between your feet. Extend the arms overhead lying on the mat.
- Pair your core bringing the lower and upper body together simultaneously.
- As the name suggests V-pass, pass the yoga ball from feet to hands and extend your hands back while you are lying down.
- Reverse the position and return to the starting position, reversing the past as well.
9. Knee Tuck
Knee tuck is quite similar to pike but doesn't worry as it is less intense. Knee tuck involves the whole body, especially the shoulders and knees, and thus helps you in forming balance and stability.
- Place your upper torso on the yoga ball while both your legs and hands are on the ground. Remember that your hands must be under the shoulders.
- Brace the core and walk the hands slowly forward until the knees or upper thighs rest on the yoga ball in the plank position.
- Bend the knees slowly towards the chest, bringing the yoga ball forward. Tuck the knees firmly under you as the hips keep on lifting.
- Straighten your legs slowly to the beginning position.
What? Thinking that this is all for today? No, wait, here, in the end, there is a very important note for you that while or after performing any of the above-mentioned exercises if you feel any unusual pain, stop then and there the workout and seek your doctor. And if you are a novice and feel less confident in exercise alone then you must not perform these alone and seek a personal trainer!
Yes, now it is all for today, go and start working for your body!